The permanent exhibition of the Villa Müller presents the luxurious house and lifestyle of the First Czechoslovak Republic family, whose members belonged to Prague’s high society. The interiors, mostly designed by Adolf Loos, are ingenious regarding the use of space and selection of materials and colours. All the furnishings are of prime-quality. Adolf Loos always worked with best producers, placing great demands on them. The combination of luxury and simplicity makes the Villa Müller a unique piece of modern architecture and design.
The interiors were renovated during the villa restoration (1997–2000). For pictures and further information about its history click here >
Villa Müller Tours
- The Villa Müller is open to the public on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Tours are possible with advance reservations only and are hosted by Czech and English speaking museum-trained guides. For tours in other languages please contact us.
- Tours are available for a maximum of 7 people due to limited space and security reasons. Group reservations for more than 7 people will be dealt with individually as well as tours in languages other than Czech and English.
- We offer special vouchers to both Villa Müller and Villa Rothmayer
- The cash desk of the Villa Müller is at the new gallery space of the Study and Documentation Center Norbertov. More information HERE.
- Entrance to the building is allowed 10 minutes before the beginning of the tour
- Arrive at the tour 5 minutes prior to the beginning at the latest. The tour starts in time and it is not allowed to join the group later.
- Taking photographs and other audio-visual recordings is not allowed in the villa.
- Leave your bags and handbags in the lockable lock room.
- The villa is not barrier free.
- Please note that the tours require that participants be in good physical condition because of the villa interior arrangement with a lot of stairs and no possibility to sit on the furniture.
- Please use the reservation form below or call the villa office (Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at: +420 224 312 012.
- Your reservation is only valid upon the receipt of confirmation from the Villa Müller office that will be sent to your submitted email address. The office sends confirmation emails on opening days only (Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun).