Designed by the architect Otto Rothmayer, the villa presents a permanent exhibition called “The Story of a House and a Family”. Presenting the original style of Otto Rothmayer’s piece of architecture, the exhibition aspires to evoke the atmosphere of a place full of life, work, and art that Otto Rothmayer created with his wife, Božena Rothmayerová, a renowned textile artist and promoter of modern lifestyle.
Villa Rothmayer Tours
- The Villa Rothmayer is open to the public on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Tours are possible with advance reservations only and are hosted by Czech and English speaking museum-trained guides. For tours in other languages please contact us.
- Tours are available for a maximum of 7 people due to limited space and security reasons. Group reservations for more than 7 people will be dealt with individually as well as tours in languages other than Czech and English.
- We offer special vouchers to both Villa Müller and Villa Rothmayer
- Entrance to the building is allowed 10 minutes before the beginning of the tour
- Arrive at the tour 5 minutes prior to the beginning at the latest. The tour starts in time and it is not allowed to join the group later.
- Taking photographs and other audio-visual recordings is not allowed in the villa.
- Leave your bags and handbags in the lockable lock room.
- The villa is not barrier free.
- Please note that the tours require that participants be in good physical condition because of the villa interior arrangement with a lot of stairs and no possibility to sit on the furniture.
- Please use the reservation form below or call the villa office (Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at: +420 224 312 012.
- Your reservation is only valid upon the receipt of confirmation from the Villa Rothmayer office that will be sent to your submitted email address. The office sends confirmation emails on opening days only (Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun).